Members of APNEP’s Water Quality (LID) Action Team include representatives from, NC Sea Grant, North Carolina Coastal Federation, NC Division of Water Resources, NC Division of Energy Mining and Land Resources, Eastern Carolina Council of Government, Sound Rivers, local government, and conservation organizations. The team pursues collaborative initiatives aligned with the following APNEP Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan (CCMP) actions:
- A2.3: Support research on adapting to impacts associated with climate change and sea level rise. Current research suggests that climate change and associated sea level rise will be a significant stressor in the region for the near future. Science that helps predict impacts at the regional level will help support informed decision-making by those in a position to use it.
- Outputs: research activities and reports
- Results: Information to support better resource management decisions in the face of changing climate
- B1.1: Minimze the introduction of toxics from targeted sources. APNEP will support the development and implementation of best management practices (BMPs) that curb introduction of toxoc materials into the estuarine system. Targeted sources of toxic pollution may include new marinas, boatyards, stormwater discharges, and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Outputs: Pollution control measures, BMPs
- Results: Reduction in toxics within targeted water bodies
For a more detailed explanation of these actions, APNEP’s CCMP can be found here.
APNEP staff support: Heather Jennings (primary), Kelsey Ellis
View all Decision Support Tools Meetings Materials
- Chad Davis, Eastern Carolina Council of Governments
- Charles Humphries, East Carolina University
- Christina Davis, NC Division of Water Quailty
- Daniel Obenhour, North Carolina State University
- Gloria Putnam, NC Sea Grant
- Lauren Kolodij, NC Coastal Federation
- Michelle Moorman, US Fish and Wildlife
- Paul Clark, NC Division of Energy, Mining and Land Resources
- Rachel Noble, UNC Institute of Marine Sciences
- Rishi Bastakoti, NC Division of Water Resources
- Randall Etheridge, East Carolina University
- Roger Everton, Virginia Department of Environmental Qquality
- Todd Miller, NC Coasatal Federation
- Whitney Jenkins, NC Division of Coastal Management